Welcome back to Pumpkin Week! Yesterday we showed you our favorite pumpkin stationery pieces. Today we’re doing something that we’ve never done before. How can you have Pumpkin Week without some delicious pumpkin treats!
I first made this recipe in my seventh grade home-ec class and now it has become my go-to autumn dessert. The recipe is incredibly simple and the end result crazy delicious! I also know from experience that the bars are a great addition to a late-night Gilmore Girls marathon, which may or may not be happening as I write this article…
Quick and Easy Pumpkin Bars
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup canned pumpkin
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 1/2 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 Tblsp. butter or margarine, softened
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
3. Combine eggs, pumpkin, sugar and oil. Beat until combined.
4. Add dry ingredients. Beat until well combined.
5. Spread batter in an ungreased 8″x8″ or 9″x9″ baking pan.
6. Bake in a 350F oven for 25-30 minutes. Then cool.
7. In a mixer bowl, beat together cream cheese, butter/margarine and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until smooth.
8. Spread over cooled bars. Cut into squares.
Come back tomorrow for our final day of Pumpkin Week!