First it was cupcakes…and now it’s cake pops! These cute little treats are quickly becoming a new trend. They may look hard to make, but with our easy tutorial your friends will be amazed at your new baking prowess!
Featured Above: Ben-Und-Bellchen
Gather your Ingredients
- Chocolate Cake, prepared (I used ½ of a 9×13 devils food box cake)
- Chocolate Frosting (amount depends on moistness of cake. I used two big spoonfuls. See video)
- 2 boxes Premium chocolate ( I used Baker’s brand)
- cake pop sticks
Mixin’ up the Cake
- Add cake to a large bowl.
- Crumble until it resembles fine crumbs
- Add in frosting a little bit at a time until cake is moist and can hold a ball shape, yet still slightly crumbly.
- Use your hands to incorporate the frosting into the cake crumbs.
Rollin’ the Cake
- Use a mini ice cream scoop and scoop out two balls of cake mixture.
- Roll the mixture into a tight ball and place on a plate.
- Repeat until all the cake mixture has been rolled into balls.
Dippin’ the Cake
- Melt 2-4 ounces of chocolate in the microwave.
- Dip the tip of the cake pop sticks into the chocolate and insert into the cake balls about half-way.
- Freeze for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare all of your decorating supplies.
- Melt the remaining chocolate in a large cup. Make sure you have enough chocolate to completely submerge the cake ball.
- Remove cake balls from freezer.
- Dip cake balls carefully into the chocolate until covered.
- Let the excess chocolate drip off. Swirl and tap gently if needed.
- Add the sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet. It will harden quickly.
- Put pops in the freezer to speed up setting time.
- Once set, wrap and decorate as you wish then ENJOY!