Not all engagement photos are created equal. As we enter proposal season we want to share our insider tips on how to make your engagement photos stand out! Say goodbye to cookie-cutter, lifeless pictures and say hello to model-status, blog-worthy portraits.
1) Find a stunning backdrop: A breathtaking view takes your photos to a new level. Love your city? Find a spot that shows off the skyline. Want to make a statement? Set up shop in front of your favorite neighborhood mural/street art.
2) Do something mundane: Sometimes the most touching moments are the things that we do everyday, like drinking our morning coffee or perusing the farmer’s market.
3) …Or go on an adventure: Adventures are inherently romantic. Have your photographer join you as you explore a new city, go to a carnival, or hike the Appalachian Trail!
4) Don’t be afraid to get artistic: It may feel strange to trust your photographer’s artistic instincts, (“Why are you taking a picture of our knees?!”) but just remember that for every few weird/uncomfortable photos, there will be at least one that blows you away with the emotion it captures.
5) Show off something important to you: Maybe you just adopted a puppy together or maybe you both share a love of music. Whatever it is that binds you two together, let it show in your pictures!
Featured Above: Levi Stolove – Below Left: United With Love – Below Right: Katie Stoops
Featured Above: Mary Boyden – Below Left: 100 Layer Cake – Below Right: Abby Jiu
Featured Above: Our Love is Loud
Looking for more engagement inspiration? Follow us on Instagram! (@thedandelionpatch)